Biocides Day 2018
After five years of implementing the Biocidal Products Regulation, it is time to take stock and look ahead. Our Biocides Day on 24 and 25 October gives insight into latest developments in biocides at EU level and provides a platform to discuss what should be improved for the next five years. The focus will be on experiences from companies, stakeholders, Member States, ECHA and the European Commission. One-to-one sessions with our experts are also on offer.
Participation is free of charge. Take part in the event in person to benefit from one-to-one advice and networking.
The conference will also be web-streamed live and you will be able to submit questions. The web-stream link will be available here a few days before the event. There is no need to register to follow the web-stream. The IT tool training will be recorded and made available after the event.
On social media
Take part in the discussion with the hashtag #BiocidesDay.
The hands-on training on 25 October is now full. To be on the waiting list, contact us at: echa-events (at) echa.europa.eu.
Conference, 24 October 2018, 09:00–18:30
Session 1 - Developments at EU level
- Opening – Bjorn Hansen, ECHA Executive Director
- Where we are – Erik van de Plassche, Chair of Biocidal Products Committee
- In situ applications
- Update on endocrine disruptors – Alain Breen, Irish Health and Safety Authority
- Update on Brexit – Andreas Herdina, ECHA
Session 2 - Developments on product authorisation
- Product authorisation case study
- Union authorisation case study – Isabelle Demoment, Kersia Group
- Enforcement – Eugen Anwander, Chair of Biocides Enforcement Sub-Group
- What information is published on biocides online – Karina Kubinakova, ECHA
Session 3 - Five years of biocides regulation – how to improve
- Panel discussion
- Participants from European Commission, Member State, industry associations, non-governmental organisation and ECHA
IT tool training, 25 October 2018 (FULL)
- IUCLID - how to create a biocides application
- SPC Editor - how to create a summary of your product's characteristics
- R4BP 3 - how to submit your application
European Chemicals Agency
The language of the meeting is English.
For questions, contact: echa-events (at) echa.europa.eu.