Potential registrants of non-phase-in substances or phase-in substances that were not pre-registered have to inquire from ECHA whether a registration has previously been submitted for the same substance. In addition, they have to inform ECHA of their information needs so that the available data can be shared among the registrants of the same substance.
Companies must also inform ECHA of the additional information that they would require for an update of a registration due to a tonnage band increase.
There are two options to prepare and submit an inquiry dossier.
Preparing an inquiry dossier with REACH-IT
1. Log in to REACH-IT and follow the steps to enter the required information online. The submission is the final step in the online process.
Industry User Manual - Part 11: Online dossier creation and submission for inquiries
Preparing an inquiry dossier with IUCLID 5
- Create the dossier with the latest version of IUCLID 5.
- Use the IUCLID 5 technical completeness check plug-in to detect any missing information and pre-check certain ‘Business Rules'.
- Submit your inquiry dossier via REACH-IT.
- Questions and Answers on Inquiry
- Industry User Manual - Part 18: Co-registrants page[PDF] [EN]
- Industry User Manual - Part 11: Online dossier creation and submission for inquiries[PDF] [EN]
- Data Submission Manual 2: How to prepare and submit an inquiry dossier[PDF] [EN]
- Data Submission Manual 18: How to report the substance identity in IUCLID 5 for registration under REACH[PDF] [EN]
- Industry User Manual - Part 6: Dossier Submission[PDF] [EN]
- Questions and Answers on Substance Identification
- Technical Completeness Check (TCC) tool plug-in
- Guidance for identification and naming of substances under REACH