Second recommendation for inclusion in the authorisation list
The REACH Regulation requires that ECHA identifies from the "Candidate List" priority substances to be included in Annex XIV of REACH (the "Authorisation List") and recommends Annex XIV entries (i.e. transitional arrangements and, where relevant, exemptions and review periods) for these substances to the European Commission, taking into account the opinion of the Member State Committee. The European Commission finally decides, by "comitology" procedure (with scrutiny), which substances will be included in Annex XIV and with which entries.
ECHA will make recommendations at least every second year.
ECHA's Annex XIV Recommendations:
In addition to its recommendation, ECHA provided the European Commission with several background documents which give more details and justifications for the prioritisation and, where relevant, the recommendation for Annex XIV entries:
General approach documents for the second recommendation:
- General approach for Prioritisation of Substances of Very High Concern (SVHCs) for Inclusion in the List of Substances Subject to Authorisation: this document describes the general approach taken by ECHA for prioritising the substances that were listed on the list of candidate substances for inclusion in Annex XIV (the "Candidate List") by 30 March 2010.
- Results of the prioritisation of the SVHCs
- General approach for defining the Annex XIV entries: this document describes the general approach taken by ECHA for developing its draft Annex XIV entries (e.g. application and sunset dates, exemptions for certain uses) for the substances which have been prioritised by 30 March 2010.
Substance specific documents
- Table of substance-specific documents of the second recommendation
- Second Annex XIV recommendation - 17 December 2010[PDF]
- General approach for Prioritisation of Substances of Very High Concern (SVHCs) for Inclusion in the List of Substances Subject to Authorisation [PDF]
- Results of the prioritisation of the SVHCs [PDF]
- Reneral approach for defining the Annex XIV entries [PDF]
|Substance Name||EC Number||CAS Number||Responses to comments document|
|Lead chromate molybdate sulphate red - C.I. Pigment Red 104||235-759-9||12656-85-8|
|Lead sulfochromate yellow - C.I. Pigment Yellow 34||215-693-7||1344-37-2|
1 These background documents provide the relevant summary information based on which ECHA recommend the substance to be included in Annex XIV. They are based on information provided in the Annex XV (SVHC) dossier, in the technical reports by external contractors (where available) and on comments received during public consultations on the SVHC identification of the substance and its recommended inclusion in Annex XIV.
2 These documents have been developed by external contractors for ECHA; they have not been updated on the basis of information received later in the context of public consultations.