The REACH Regulation requires that ECHA recommends from the "Candidate List" priority substances for inclusion in Annex XIV of REACH (the "Authorisation List") and for these substances proposes Annex XIV entries (i.e. transitional arrangements and, where relevant, exemptions and review periods) to the European Commission, taking into account the opinion of the Member State Committee. The European Commission finally decides, by "comitology" procedure (with scrutiny), which substances will be included in Annex XIV and with which entries.
REACH requires ECHA to make a recommendation at least every second year.
- Fifth Annex XIV recommendation – 06 February 2014
- Fourth Annex XIV recommendation – 17 January 2013
- Third Annex XIV recommendation – 20 December 2011
- Second Annex XIV recommendation – 17 December 2010
- First Annex XIV recommendation – 1 June 2009