Role and responsibilities
The Forum for Exchange of Information on Enforcement (Forum), according to Regulation (EC) 1907/2006, coordinates a network of Member State authorities responsible for enforcement, and has the tasks to:
- Spread good practice and highlight problems at Community level
- Propose, coordinate and evaluate harmonised enforcement projects and joint inspections
- Coordinate exchange of inspectors
- Identify enforcement strategies, as well as best practice in enforcement
- Develop working methods and tools of use to local inspectors
- Develop an electronic information exchange procedure
- Liaise with industry, taking particular account of the specific needs of SMEs, and other stakeholders, including relevant international organisations, as necessary
- Examine proposals for restrictions with a view to advising on enforceability (Art.77(4))
- Agree common issues to be covered in the annual reports from the Member States in relation to enforcement (Art. 127).
The Forum is composed of:
- Members appointed by Member States: Each Member State shall appoint one member to the Forum; Members shall be chosen for their experience in enforcement of chemicals legislation and shall maintain relevant contacts with the Member State competent authorities.
- Up to five co-opted members chosen on the basis of their specific competence.
The Forum shall appoint its Chairman. The members are appointed to the Forum for a renewable term of three years. Stakeholders may be invited to attend meetings as observers, as appropriate, at the request of the Forum members, or the Management Board.
The Forum may establish working groups.
Forum Enforcement Projects
- Template for the submission of proposals for REF projects – for the use of ECHA Accredited Stakeholder Organisations[DOC] [EN]
- Final Report on the Pilot Project on Intermediates [PDF] [EN]
- REACH-EN-FORCE-1 project (August 2010) [PDF] [EN]
- Forum - Facts Report Prolongation phase REF-1 [PDF] [EN]
- REF-1 Final consolidated report [PDF] [EN]
- Final report on PAHs in Tyres [PDF] [EN]
- REACH-EN-FORCE-2 project final report [PDF] [EN]
- REACH-EN-FORCE-3 phase 1 project report [PDF] [EN]
- The description of enforcement of the PIC Regulation on the national level and Forum activities related to the PIC Regulation [EN][PDF]
- Forum Multiannual Work Programme 2014-2018 [EN][PDF]
- Forum Work Programme 2011 - 2013 [EN][PDF]
- Rules of procedure of the Forum [EN][PDF]
- Forum working procedure for developing Forum advice on enforceability of the Annex XV proposals for restrictions [EN][PDF]
- Forum - leaflet [EN][PDF]
- Agenda of the Forum's "Train the CLP Enforcement Trainers" Event (November 2013) [EN][PDF]
- Agenda of the Forum's "Train the CLP Enforcement Trainers" Event (November 2012) [EN][PDF]
- Agenda of the Forum's "Train the CLP Enforcement Trainers" Event (January 2011) [EN][PDF]
- Strategies for Enforcement of REACH and CLP (March 2011) [EN][PDF]
- Minimum Criteria for REACH and CLP Inspections (March 2011) [EN][PDF]
- Guidance for handling complaints under article 33.2 [EN][PDF]
- Forum Stakeholders [EN][PDF]