Public consultation on inclusion of new substances in the Authorisation List
Media enquiries: ECHA Press
ECHA launches a public consultation on its draft recommendation of ten new priority substances to be included in the Authorisation List. The deadline for interested parties to submit comments is 19 September 2012.
Helsinki, 20 June 2012 – The Agency is regularly recommending to the European Commission substances from the Candidate List for inclusion in the Authorisation List (Annex XIV of REACH). Based on an assessment of the available information, ECHA currently plans to recommend the following substances:
1. formaldehyde, oligomeric reaction products with aniline (technical MDA)
2. arsenic acid
3. dichromium tris(chromate)
4. strontium chromate
5. potassium hydroxyoctaoxodizincatedichromate
6. pentazinc chromate octahydroxide
7. bis(2-methoxyethyl) ether (diglyme)
8. N,N-dimethylacetamide (DMAC)
9. 1,2-dichloroethane (EDC)
10. 2,2'-dichloro-4,4'-methylenedianiline (MOCA)
Using the web forms available on ECHA's website, interested parties are invited to comment on the draft recommendation. Comments are invited in particular on the uses that should be exempted from the authorisation requirement.
The recommendation also specifies the proposed conditions to the authorisation requirement for each selected substance. These conditions particularly include the latest application and sunset dates and any specific exemptions of uses from the authorisation requirement.
The Agency takes into account the comments received when finalising its recommendation. The European Commission will eventually decide which of the substances from ECHA's recommendation to include in the Authorisation List and on the respective conditions applicable for each substance.
- Public consultation on ECHA's fourth recommendation of priority substances to be included in Annex XIV
- Candidate List for authorisation
- An overview of the authorisation process under REACH
- Uses generically exempted from the authorisation requirement