Submit your registration dossier
After preparing your registration dossier using IUCLID, you need to submit it in REACH-IT.
If you register after the end of March 2018, you may receive ECHA's decision only at the end of August 2018. If you do it earlier, ECHA will process your dossier within three weeks.
Make sure that your company contact details are up to date in your REACH-IT account, so ECHA can contact you and provide support if needed.
Make sure that you have declared your correct company size in REACH-IT. If the company size you have declared is no longer correct, please change it accordingly.
Steps to successful submission
1. If you are a lead registrant
- Create the joint submission object in REACH-IT;
- Communicate the joint submission name and token generated by REACH-IT to the members;
- Submit the lead registration dossier in REACH-IT. ECHA will check if it can process your dossier (business rules). Only after this check, will members be able to submit their own dossiers.
- You are strongly advised to submit your lead dossier well before the end of March 2018.
2. If you are a member registrant
- After receiving the joint submission token from your lead, confirm your membership in the joint submission in REACH-IT;
- Check in REACH-IT that the joint registration dossier submitted by the lead registrant has been accepted;
- Submit your IUCLID registration dossier in REACH-IT. ECHA will check if it can process your dossier (business rules). This is the check you need to pass by 31 May 2018.
Monitor your REACH-IT message box as ECHA will use it to communicate with you on your submission.
Be prepared to pay the fee within the deadline indicated in the invoice that ECHA will send to your REACH-IT message box - otherwise ECHA will reject your submission.
Once you have paid the invoice and ECHA has accepted your registration, you will receive a registration number.
If you have any concerns, please contact the ECHA Helpdesk.
- New version of REACH-IT: 21 June 2016
- New generation of IT tools coming soon, 13 April 2016
- ECHA clarifies criteria for 'one substance, one registration', 27 January 2016
- Registrants of the same substance must be part of the same registration, 25 January 2016
- Information session on the new registration process, 4 November 2015
Practical examples & case studies
- New generation of IT tools - what changes? ECHA Newsletter 1/2016
- Completeness check to enhance availability of information, ECHA Newsletter 4/2015